Baking rice in the oven
Jonathan’s Basmati Baking Method
Note: Same instructions for baking other white rices, for brown rice though it requires 60 minutes to bake.
- Serves 6-8 / 30 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) Dainty Basmati Rice
- 2 2/3 (630mL) cups of Water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Bring water to a boil in a pot over a high heat.
- Place the rice in a square baking dish. Pour the water over the rice.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.