Looking to learn how to cook sushi rice in a rice cooker? It is very easy to make delicious sushi rice in your rice cooker. Whether you want to make wonderful makis, sushi rolls, a poke bowl or a gourmet dessert, follow our tips for cooking perfect sushi rice!
The Benefits of Using a Rice Cooker
When you’re about to prepare a delicious sushi dinner, cooking your rice in a rice cooker is a real-time saver. No need to watch the cooking process, the cooker will automatically switch to “Warm” when the rice is cooked. No more uncooked sushi rice. You’ll get perfect cooking with ease.
Sushi Rice Recipe in Your Rice Cooker
We understand that rice is good for you and there are nutritional benefits. There are many varieties and just as many recipes. Here’s how to make delicious sushi rice in your rice cooker:
- 2 cups / 500 mL sushi rice
- 2 ½ cups / 625 mL cold water
- ½ cup / 125 mL rice vinegar or sushi vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Start cooking the sushi rice in a rice cooker by pouring the rice and cold water into your rice cooker, cover, turn on and you’re done! It is important not to open the lid during cooking and to let the rice cook until your rice cooker stops. As a general rule, for optimal cooking, the rice to water ratio should be 1:1½. This sushi rice ratio in a rice cooker is ideal.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Note that you don’t have to wash the rice or rinse the rice as it is already cleaned.
While it’s cooking, you can prepare the rice seasoning that will make your rice perfect:
- Heat the seasoned rice vinegar with the sugar and salt in a saucepan without boiling. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and allow to cool.
- When the rice is cooked, put it in a bowl and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Gently turn the rice with a wooden spoon to soak it in the liquid.
- Keep your rice in the air until you are ready to make your sushi, maki or other delicious recipes.
3 Recipes to Make With Sushi Rice:
You can make many recipes with a sushi rice base. Here are three tasty ideas that you can make in no time, perfect for enjoying with friends or family.
Kimora Calrose Rice and Salmon Poke Bowl
After cooking your sushi rice in your rice cooker, you can make a delicious poke bowl with salmon, edamame, carrots and cucumber. Learn how to cook sushi rice for a poke bowl. Don’t be afraid to be creative, you can use this recipe over and over again! Cook our recipe and learn more about cooking sushi rice for a poke bowl.
Rice Pudding With Maple Syrup
This rice pudding with the spicy notes of cinnamon and maple syrup is sure to brighten up your fall evenings. For this recipe, skip the rice vinegar seasoning step. Let yourself be tempted by our recipe for rice pudding with maple syrup.
Sushi Rice With Furikake
Enjoy a delicious bowl of sushi rice, topped with homemade Furikake seasoning, for a quick lunch. Try our sushi rice with furikake recipe, it’s a real treat!
Discover our rice recipes to liven up your dinners.
Leave a Reply